No, bananas do not kill testosterone. In fact, research has proven that bananas increase testosterone levels. It’s believed that bromelain increases a man’s libido. And, bananas are rich in bromelain, an enzyme. In addition to this important enzyme, bananas are also loaded with B vitamins (riboflavin), which are necessary for increasing testosterone levels.
Bananas aren’t only delicious, they’re good for you too. But, be careful eating too many, as sometimes too many bananas can cause the potassium level in your body to be too high. The result of high potassium (hyperkalemia) is very dangerous, sometimes deadly, because it changes your heart rhythm. It’s necessary for the body to have a delicate balance of potassium for the heart and other muscles to work properly.
How Do Bananas Boost Testosterone?
We now know that the bromelain enzyme in bananas helps boost testosterone levels. And, bromelain is an energy source that is slow releasing. This means that one banana before a night of sex is perfect for a great night of passion.
Other Interesting Facts About Bananas
There’s so much more to bananas than them having a yellow peel. In fact, there are many interesting facts about bananas that can help improve your health…or just pique your interest.
- Bananas are loaded with potassium and fiber.
- Bananas prevent asthma, high blood pressure, and cancer.
- Banana is categorized as a berry.
- Bananas are known to be a mood enhancer because of amino acid, Vitamin B6, and Tryptophan. Bananas help to increase serotonin levels in the brain.
- Bananas are a great pre-workout snack because the potassium helps in the maintenance of nerve and muscle function.
- The inner part of the banana peel relieves itching and inflammation.
- Bananas decrease blood pressure.
- Bananas protect your heart because of the high level of potassium and the low salt content.
- The banana plant is considered an herb.
- Bananas float on water because they are not as dense as water.
In addition to all these facts, there is the fact, of course, that bananas increase testosterone. When it comes to increasing libido and sex drive in men, eating bananas just could be the answer. However, never take a treatment regime into your own hands. Low testosterone levels are nothing to take lightly. The reason for the decrease in testosterone levels needs to be investigated. If there’s an underlying medical condition causing your low testosterone levels, your doctor will need to treat that condition. Many times, treating the underlying condition can help get your testosterone levels back to normal.
If you’re interested in learning more about low testosterone or are experiencing any low T symptoms, contact our hormone specialists at 1-888-663-1777. We’re happy to offer you a free consultation. If it’s deemed that you may need treatment, you’ll get an appointment for a blood test, physical examination, and overall health assessment. If your doctor diagnoses you with low testosterone, your treatment will begin. Perhaps your doctor will even increase your banana intake.